Monday, November 3, 2008

In Memory of my dear friend, Jill

My good friend Jill went on to be with our precious Lord, and Savior Sunday morning. She was one of the most godly women I have ever known. When I first met her I knew my life would never be the same. She invited me to her home for a Bible Study. This was the beginning of a serious life change for me. It is there I learned what it was to truly follow Christ. It is there I learned what it meant to be a godly woman, and a godly wife. It is there I met my best friends Erin, and Beka among many other great women of faith: April, Sarah, Emily, Kelly, Crystal, Kristen, Lauren, and many more. From the moment Jill and I met I knew she was special. She had that glow in her eye and a pep in her step that was so contagious. I wanted what she had, so I prayed that God would allow me to learn from her so that I could become at least half the incredible woman she was. Jill had the biggest heart and love for people. She loved opening her doors to her home and bringing people in to share the Lord with them. She had such an amazing spirit, and everyone I know loved being around her because she made you want to be a better person. My heart is heavy for her husband Scott, her sweet baby, and for her family, but I am rejoicing for the life she lived and the lives she touched while she was here. I know she is in a much better place and I can't wait to join her in Heaven one day. It is because of the love and guidance that she showed me that I am where I today. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have known Jill. She forever changed my life, and I am eternally grateful for her. I love you Jill!

No comments: